Raw honey in beeswax comb, hand cut into 300g pieces.
Comb Honey is in its rawest, most natural state, with the most enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals of any form of honey. It’s honey exactly as our bees made it, stored in the comb, capped with fresh beeswax.
Gibbs Comb Honey comes straight from the hive and is hand-cut directly from the frame. Each piece is different, as bees tend to visit and store nectar from one type of flower at a time. This results in different colours in the wax and the honey itself, as it reflects the specific nectar source.
The dominant nectar sources include Linden, Clover, Fruit Blossom (lighter in colour), Dandelion, Sunflower, Goldenrod and Aster (darker in colour). It may also contain pollen.
Gibbs Comb Honey is produced by only our own bees, located on wildflower fields, organic farms and natural pastures in Eastern Ontario. We are connected to production at each stage and never purchase from other beekeepers. This means we can ensure the highest standards for our honey, welfare of our bees and ecology of our yards.
How to use Comb Honey:
- Straight off the spoon!
- Paired with cheese or on charcuterie board
- Stirred into yogurt or ice cream
- On top of warm pancakes, waffles or oatmeal
- Crumbled into a salad
- Spread on warm bread
Can I eat the wax?
- Yes. It’s 100% edible, though we like chewing the wax like gum and spitting it out.
How to store Comb Honey:
- Comb Honey is best stored at room temperature.
- To slow the natural crystallization process, freeze the comb then warm at room temperature a few hours before use.
Does Comb Honey expire?
- Nope. Honey is the only food that never goes bad, but it will crystalize over time. This is a completely natural process and varies in speed depending on the nectar source of the honey.